The navigational chart is designed to provide mariners with navigational and hydrographic information necessary for safe navigation.
We produce and publish both paper and electronic nautical navigational charts at different scales based on up-to-date computer technologies.
Nautical Navigational Chart – is an essential tool used for solving any navigational issues, such as examination, analyzing and selection of the data on navigational and hydrographic situation in the World Ocean. Depending on the chart scale and purpose, it may provide a detailed representation of the coastline, natural features of the seabed (soundings and isobaths), navigational hazards, sea floor grounds, aids to navigation, landmarks, fairways, areas prohibited for navigation, as well as other elements necessary for safe navigation.
Copyright Registration Certificate No. 18469 dated 31.10.06
Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) – is a dataset organized to represent the part of the earth’s surface and developed on the basis of cartographic generalization rules in appropriate coordinate and elevation systems. In other words, it is an encoded description of geographical reality displayed on a screen using software and hardware of electronic cartographic system.
Electronic navigational charts, which data are standardized as to content, structure and actual format for the exchange of hydrographic data, fully compliant with the special requirements and recommendations stated by the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) and are convenient to be used in electronic navigational systems. The following principles are the main:
- electronic navigational charts should have accuracy and fullness not less than paper navigational charts;
- data and updates for the chart should be provided in the standard formats which are officially adopted by the IHO;
- national hydrographic offices should bear responsibility for content and updates for ENCs;
- chart data and official updates should be saved unchanged in system memory;
- increasing, registration and extension of ENCs should meet the international rules for software.
All charts meet the updating requirements by providing timely updates.
For purchase of paper and electronic charts please contact us:
|SHSU Branch «Ukrmorcartographia»
Office 511, 23, Gagarina Ave.
Kyiv, Ukraine, 02660
tel : (+380–44) 292–61–28
tel/fax : (+380–44) 292–60–24
e–mail: sale&charts.gov.ua Send mail>>